2. Inspector Adeniyi Ajayi : Tayo’s
father who was once a court servant
and an interpreter in the native
administration before joining the
3. Mr Jonathan Richardson: Father of
4. Mrs Elizabeth Richardson: Mother
5. Mr Edward Maximilian Barker: The
one who welcomed Omotayo prior to
the letter given to Tayo by Mr Faircliff.
6. Headmaster Faircliff: Tayo’s
7. Mr Clark: Tayo's Mathematics
8. Mr Blackburn: British empire history
9. Bisi and Remi: Siblings of Tayo.
10. Modupe: Tayo’s Lover before going
to Oxford at age 19.
11. Uncle Bolu also known as Uncle B:
Tayo’s uncle who loved drinking and
women. And women also loved him in
12. Uncle Oluwakayode Ogundipe: A
Big Man in Lagos, who lived in a
luxurious, a senior army officer before
leaving for France to study
Engineering. He was able to meet
13. Helen: Uncle Kayode’s wife 14. Aunty Bayo: Former girl friend of
15. Mr Lekan Olajide from Ogbomoso
on a voyage.
16. Mr Ibrahim Mohammed from
Kaduna on a voyage
17. Mrs Isabella Barker: An attractive
young Italian woman who preferred to
be called "Isabella".
18. Mr Ike Nwade: A student of
19. Mr Bolaji Ladipupo: A Law student.
20. Miss Christine Arinze: A student of
Modern language who later became
Tayo’s girlfriend but had a
misunderstanding with Tayo because
he didn’t want a longtime relationship.
She later on had Ike has her boyfriend. She died of drug overdose (Suicide).
21. Christopher Okigbo: A poet and
22. Venessa Richardson"aka Moremi
by Tayo to show her fighting spirit":
Tayo’s white Lady lover.
23. Gita from Kenya: An English
24. Pat: A Physicist. 25. Jane: A Friend to Venessa a
physicist also (whites).
26. Charlie and Mehul: (whites)
27. Simon: The president of west
28. Francis: From Ghana who was
with the idea that independence came
far too early for africans
29. Maynes Keynes: Venessa’s
grandpa was in the colonial service
Juma and Saratu? Are they cats?
30. Lord Lugard: was once the
governor of Hong kong before coming
to Nigeria and he also became our
governor in the year 1914
31. Nancy Murdoch and Mr Murdoch.
32. Uncle Tony: who had s*x with
33. Madam Pagnole.
34. Chinua Achebe: things fall apart
and No longer at Ease.
35. Nkrumah: The first president of
Ghana and Senghor of Senegal
36. Tunde: the cousin of Tayo who
works in the bakery.
37. Yusuf Abubakar: who works in the
hospital. HE believed white women
were only meant for friendship but not
for marriage with his genuine reasons. 38. Joyce: Yusuf’s white girlfriend who
said he hasn’t heard Yusuf speak
Nigerian before and then Yusuf replied
her: you daft one, no one speaks
39. Mr and Mrs winter: across the
road at Bradley
40. Joy Williams: The black WOMAN
Yusuf got married to.
41. Anais Nin: The first British erotic
42. Nigerian coup d’etat and Biafran
43. Salamatou: an hairstylist in Dakar,
Senegal who died in a motor accident
44. Jean Luc: A French who had
promised to marry Salamatou but ran
away after he got to know she was
45. Miriam: A nurse, whom treated
Tayo’s father and got pregnant for
Tayo. Got married to Tayo and gave
birth to Kemi.
46. Kemi: Daughter of Tayo and
47. President Shagari.
48. Mr Akin: A carver.
49. Wole Soyinka: Okri the Booker.
50. Aureol: SHIPPING COMPANY.
51. Dogun Dutse Mobile station.
52. Samir: From Bradford.
53. Suleiman: Salamatou’s son hence
Venessa’s adopted son. A Muslim he
became and a drop out from
Cambridge. 54. Abdou: The driver who was taken
Tayo to the airport before an accident
55. Laurent: Kemi’s boyfriend.
56. Danjuma: The gardener.
57. Professor John Harris: He is the
man whom Kemi introduced to his
father from the University.